Role: Director’s Assistant/Videographer
Level: Mid weight
Infinity Squared is on the hunt for a bright & enthusiastic Director’s Assistant/Videographer to join our growing in-house production team.
Who is Infinity Squared?
Infinity Squared is a commercial production & specialist branded entertainment company. We are a bunch of like-minded storytellers, hell bent on finding innovative ways for brands to reach and captivate audiences.
We are looking for a skilled videographer with a desire to become a director to join our team! Previous people in this role have gone on to careers as successful commercial directors working in the industry.
You will be the go-to for the creation of social and digital content and be responsible for the entire process from conception to execution and everything in-between. The right person needs to be a self motivated film-obsessed person who has a passion for making and telling stories on social and digital, and who is open to the evolving nature of these channels and platforms.
- Ability to shoot and direct video content and set up basic lighting & equipment.
- Solid understanding and ability to map-out equipment required for each project (eg. camera equipment, sound equipment, lighting, add-ons).
- Ability to record high quality sound with given equipment.
- Ability to edit video content in Premiere Pro.
- Ability to come up with and present content ideas to the team, and have a strong sense of visualisation. Experience developing director treatments is a bonus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment is a must.
- Ability to photograph quality stills for social/digital is a bonus.
- Understanding the principles of animation and ability to animate and do motion graphics in AE is a bonus.
- Skills with photoshop and indesign-preferable.
Excellent communication skills are a must. You need to be a self-starter, highly motivated, resourceful and have a “can do” attitude. In return we will support you to learn and grow to be excellent in your craft and invite you to be part of a great company culture that’s fun, professional and supportive of all team members.
The primary activities include:
- Receiving a brief, developing various creative responses and creating pitch documents
- Developing and writing directors treatments
- Editing a wide range of content
- Script writing
- Storyboard creation and creative visualisation
- Attending locations scouts
- Directing content shoots
- Providing clear and concise creative direction to post-production regarding edits and amends
- Ensuring the selection of the most effective shot for various edit styles
- Producing and perfecting the final product by grading / colouring the finished film or program
- Assist with overseeing the quality and progress of audio and vision engineering and editing
- Consultation with the account director, producer and or client throughout the post-production process
The benefits of working with us
When you join Infinity Squared, you’re joining a values-based agency with the ultimate ambition of creating a culture of freedom and responsibility to do the greatest work of your career. You’ll work with the best of the best brands, and learn from some of the top talent in the industry. We have the mindset of being like a pro-sports team, every player counts and every player holds the other accountable in order to succeed and win.
Not to mention, we have glowing reviews from former employees such as this: “It’s a place where I can truly be myself”. We’ve got them in spades: get your birthday off, extra one week of annual leave after three years with us, monthly team drinks and lunch, and more. Oh, and we send our monthly MVP to enjoy a long weekend in our company owned beach house.
Make it Happen
We accomplish amazing amounts of important work & share a disruptive vision to challenge convention.
Doing it differently ain’t always easy. We are willing to have the hard conversations, give feedback directly and admit it when we fuck up.
We leave a positive, memorable and lasting impression everywhere we go, with everything we do and with everyone we meet.
Be a Pro Athlete
We’re a pro sports team (not a family). Every player, in every position is critical to the game. Our team-mates can always rely on us. We show up to win.
Do Fun Shit
We bring our whole self to work, showing up authentically and have fun with the work we do. We ain’t saving lives here people ✌🏻
If we’ve sparked your interest, please introduce yourself by submitting a cover letter and CV to [email protected] Tell us why you’re interested and what capability you bring. Please also specify salary expectation and availability. We look forward to hearing from you!